incredible non-traditional lesbian wedding at root down in denver!
We are loving this super non-traditional wedding that was submitted by the awesome Ashley Kidder! The details of the day really spoke to the couple and who they are. To start the day, Hallie did her bride’s hair! What a personal touch! Rather than the same-old wedding ring that everyone else uses, the gals opted for matching tattoos of a bird that is on their shower curtain; the shower curtain was the first thing they purchased in the home that they own together! The wedding day was very non-traditional: no bridal party, no bouquets, no bouts, no centerpieces, no ceremony (they self-solemnized and signed the marriage license before dinner started), no garters, no first dances, no cake.
They signed the marriage license in the private dining room at Root Down before having a private dinner with close friends and family; the siblings of the brides gave toasts afterwards in the dining room. Rather than having a formal reception, they invited 30 of their closest friends and family to join in on a private cocktail hour on the patio of Root Down that overlooks the Denver skyline where they had a wonderful selection from Root Down’s fantastic menu of food, cocktails, and wine.
They did a day-after photo session with their dog Baxter in RiNo in their wedding gear. They wanted to be able to enjoy the wedding day and not worry about leaving their guests to take photos. What a great idea!
- Hair: Starling Salon, where bride Hallie works; www.starlingsalon.com
- Makeup: Hahna Lee, bride Hallie’s sister
- Attire: custom Converse for bride Lindsey, BCBG in Cherry Creek for Hallie’s dress
- Ceremony and cocktail hour venue: Root Down Denver, www.rootdowndenver.com
- Rings: custom tattoos done by Chase Martines at Til Death Denver, www.tildeathdenver.com
- Photos: www.ashleykidder.com